Please get in touch for customisations and pricing - 01822 258 922
What was our design brief?
To create a versatile road bike, suitable for a wide range of riding conditions. The bike should be supremely comfortable and capable of covering long distances efficiently, but also be fun and responsive on shorter rides. The geometry should provide nimble handling and a classic road bike feel, but offer enough stability to inspire confidence in all conditions.
How has this been achieved?
The Evade has been part of our range since 2014, utilising the latest technology of the time in tapered fork steerers, larger diameter tubing to create a responsive and rewarding road bike. Since then we updated the model in 2017 to suit 28mm tyres, increasing the versatility of the model with added confidence through extra grip and compliance.
In 2019 the Evade was once again refreshed, this time with a hidden mudguard eyelet inside the rear stay, and an optional mudguard compatible fork. The fork choice was carefully considered as the longer axle-crown necessary to fit a mudguard would mean altering the geometry. After some testing we decided on angles and tube lengths that gave the bike a slightly more ‘race orientated’ feel with a standard fork, but when fitted with a mudguard fork would be more stable and confident. We felt this matched the typical conditions the bike would be used in well, and many riders would appreciate the extra versatility.
On the current version of the Evade we also chose to use size specific tubing, first tested on our Etape model in 2018. Using tube diameters that vary in proportion to the frame size allows us tailor the ride quality to a typical rider weight, preserving the beautifully smooth compliance across the size range, and also saving weight on the smaller frames.
Who is it for?
The Evade is suitable for most styles of road riding in all seasons, club rides, sportives, audax and more. As a rim brake only model, the Evade is easy to maintain, as light as possible, and has that classic road look.
If you like rim brakes but are looking for something a little different, then we recommend you check out the Echelon, Esprit, Excel and Elite models from our signature range, that can all be customised to whatever specification you desire.
If you’re tempted by disc brakes then the Evoke and Etape models are similar to the Evade in ride quality, but with the extra tyre clearance and stopping power discs provide.
Ultegra R8000 Specification
- Frame Evade 3al 2.5v
- Frame finish Hand Brushed
- Logos Satin Bead
- Seat Collar Enigma Alloy
- Carbon Spacers 3x 10 1 x 5
- Fork C-SIX RD-AX
- Headset Enigma Evo TK036A
- Stem Enigma Alloy Stem
- Handlebar (O-O or C-C!!) Enigma 6061 Alloy Compact Handlebar
- Saddle Enigma Ellipse
- Seatpost C-Six Carbon 31.6
- Rims Hunt Race Aero Clincher
- Tyres Conti Ultra Gator Skin 700x28c
- Tubes Conti
- Chainset Shimano Ultegra R8000 172.5mm 34/50t
- BB Shimano BBR60B
- STI Shimano Ultegra ST-R8000
- Rear mech Shimano Ultegra RDR8000GS
- Brake calipers Shimano Ultegra BR-R8000
- Brake Rotors N/A
- Cassette Shimano Ultegra CSHG8000 34t
- F Mech Shimano Ultegra FDR8000
- Chain Shimano CN-HG601
- Tape Enigma embossed
Frame Technical Information
- Material 3al 2.5v titanium
- Frame Weight TBC
- Bottom bracket 68mm British Thread
- Seat tube (internal) 31.6mm
- Seat tube (external) 34.9mm
- Front derailleur attachment 34.9 band on
- Headset Tapered Integrated
- Dropout arrangement 130mm QR
- Maximum tyre clearance 28c
- Brake type Caliper
- Extras Eyelets for rack & mudguard fittings
- Cable Routing TBC