Get in touch for customisations and pricing!
What was our design brief?
To create a fast, focussed road bike, with classic looks and modern performance. It should provide a fun and responsive ride quality, equally suited to short blasts or all day adventures. The bike should reward riders for whom every second counts, whether sprinting against your friends or beating your PB on the local climb. Though built for speed and efficiency, the bike will retain the smooth titanium ride that Enigma is famous for and be more than capable of clocking up long distances in comfort. The geometry and handling should be reminiscent of a classic race bike, but updated where appropriate to suit modern riding styles.
How has this been achieved?
The Evoke was our first disc brake specific model when launched in 2014 and was an immediate success. Since then technology has changed with wider tyres, bolt thru axles and flat mount brakes becoming the standard for road bikes. We updated the original Evoke in 2016 to accommodate these features, and now in 2019 it’s time to refresh the model once again.
Whilst some of the bikes in our range are designed to be versatile and flexible, the Evoke is more about focus. It has clean lines and a minimalist design, for riders who know what they want and nothing more. We chose angles and tube lengths that give a classic road bike feel, nimble and responsive, with a moderate drop from saddle to handlebars to make your position on the road as aerodynamic as possible.
Tube diameters and butt profiles vary across the size range, to enable riders at any point in the size spectrum to benefit from the optimised combination of stiffness, comfort and weight saving. As the Evoke is built for a specific purpose – fast paced road riding, there are no superfluous mounts or braze-ons and the tyre clearance is just right for modern large volume road tyres.
Who is it for?
The Evoke is built for moderate to fast paced road riding, for riders with good flexibility and a desire to get everything possible back from the efforts they put in. It’s perfectly suited to summer club rides, fast solo blasts, all day epics, sportives, and even the occasional race. If you’re looking for something even faster then check out the Excel and Extensor models from our Signature range. If comfort and versatility are more important to you then we suggest you check out our Etape model which has more relaxed geometry and practical features such as mudguard fittings.
Ultegra R8000 Specification
- Frame Evoke 3al 2.5v
- Frame finish Hand Brushed
- Logos Satin Bead
- Seat Collar Enigma Alloy
- Carbon Spacers 3x 10 1 x 5
- Fork C-SIX RD-DSC Full Carbon
- Headset Enigma Evo TK036A
- Stem Enigma Alloy Stem
- Handlebar (O-O or C-C!!) Enigma 6061 Alloy Compact Handlebar
- Saddle Enigma Ellipse
- Seatpost C-Six Carbon 31.6
- Rims DCR Alloy Wheels
- Tyres Michelin Krylion Tyres 700x28c
- Chainset Shimano Ultegra R8000 172.5mm 34/50t
- BB Shimano Ultegra BB60B
- STI Shimano Ultegra ST-R8020 Shifters
- Rear mech Shimano Ultegra RDR8000GS
- Brake calipers Shimano Ultegra BR-R8070 flat mount
- Brake Rotors Shimano SM-RT800 140 & 160
- Cassette Shimano CSHG8000 34t
- F Mech Shimano Ultegra FDR8000 34.9
- Chain Shimano CN-HG601
- Tape Enigma embossed
Frame Technical Information
- Material 3al 2.5v titanium
- Frame Weight TBC
- Bottom bracket 68mm British Thread
- Seat tube (internal) 31.6mm
- Seat tube (external) 34.9mm
- Front derailleur attachment 34.9 band on
- Headset tbc
- Dropout arrangement 12x142
- Maximum tyre clearance 32c
- Brake type Disc - Flat Mount
- Extras N/A
- Cable Routing Suitable for Mechanical, DI2, EPS and ETAP