The Challenge: How do we go about updating a bike in our range whose legion of fans don't want us to change anything?
The answer, as with everything we do, is with great care and a stack of test feedback.
The new Alpine 6 has been through one of the most intensive prototyping programs we've ever done – the result is spectacular.
With the introduction of the 230mm metric shock, we have revised the suspension layout to increase the rear travel. We've also tuned the frame to be more progressive to retain a bottomless feel and improve small bump smoothness, treading that fine line that keeps wallow at bay and gives the Alpine 6 all the control it needs.
The geometry has also been under the microscope and refined to match the new suspension performance, resulting in more agility, stability and confident speed.
When you come upon one of those unholy beasts of a trail, this is the bike to take it on at full-gas and tame it.
WHY THE ALPINE 6?
- Brand New monocoque 6061-T6 aluminium frame
- Designed and built in Britain
- 5 year frame warranty with Limited Lifetime Crash Replacement
- Unique Single-pivot suspension for optimum performance, efficiency and reliability
- New Radically revised, more progressive frame suspension layout with 230x65mm metric shock
- New Reworked Alpine geometry for confidence, speed and stability
- New 170mm Front/165mm rear travel
- New Frame Bottle Bosses
- Boost 148 rear hub spacing
- Available in 5 model specs: S, Pro, RS, Factory and XTR
- Bike Builder: Component upgrades available and a choice of
- 6 custom colour options. Excluding S spec, (Fizzy Orange only)
FRAME AND FORK
6061-T6 Monocoque UK Formed Custom Aluminium Tubing. Wheel Size: 27.5. Rear wheel travel: 165.
Bolt Type Allen Key Head (Boost 148mm Hub)
RockShox Super Deluxe Select 230x65
Cane Creek 49mm for Tapered Steerer
RockShox Yari RC 170mm 27.5
SRAM SX Eagle
SRAM SX 1210 11-50T Eagle
SRAM SX Eagle 32t
SRAM SX Eagle 12spd
SRAM SX Eagle
WHEEL AND TYRES
WTB ST Light i30 on Strange Pro 27
Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.4 EXO TR 27.5
Shimano Deore 6100 203/180
SDG Tellis 150mm
Race Face Chester M35 x 40mm
WTB Silverado Comp
Burgtec RideWide Enduro DB 800mm
Strange Grappler Lock-On