The Surge is the next phase in the evolution of our E.P.O. program. At Orange Bikes it's all about the ride, and we've made substantial improvements to our e-bike chassis which deliver the most engaging trail feel, The 170mm travel Surge will take on the biggest terrain, and is not shy when is comes to sending those gaps. Excelling where the uplift doesn't go. Some of the best trails lie beyond where your lift pass takes you – enter the Surge. Big adventures and an e-bike with big ideas, way above the lift station. Fast and sure footed, the stability in the Surge's geometry will give you confidence on any trail.
The new Surge is a revelation and we urge you to try one. E-bikes can be a devisive topic, but once you are bitten by the bug they are hard to resist.
The Surge 29 takes many of its traits from the new Stage 6, 64° head angle, 76° seat angle, reduced offset fork, increased reach and a metric shock but it also incorporates Shimano’s newest battery technology – 8035. The revised battery has meant that we are now able to considerably reduce the size of the down tube, add an On/Off switch to the top tube and the battery is now removable without a key.
With 29” wheels, 160mm travel at the front and 150mm at the rear this bike is prepared to go wherever you are willing to take it.
WHY THE SURGE 29?
ELECTRIC POWERED ORANGE
F: 160MM | R: 150MM | W: 29
- Frame designed and built in Britain
- 5 year frame warranty with Limited Lifetime
- Crash Replacement
- New Shimano EP8 Drive Assist
- New Slimmer downtube with Shimano 8035 battery
- New Quick release battery
- New 'On' switch on top tube
- Boost 148mm rear hub spacing
- Alpine-trail honed geometry
- Reduced offset fork
- Long top tube short stem for high-speed stability
- Choose from 4 custom colours
NEW SHIMANO EP8 FEATURES
- 85Nm max torque - Max assist ratio: 400%
- 2.6kg total weight
- 10% reduced volume (compared with E8000)
- 36% less drag
- Shimano E8000 250W drive unit with 70Nm torque
- 504Wh Lithium Ion battery for up to 100km assist
- Same 177mm Q-Factor as a standard XT crankset
- 4 Assist Modes (Walk/Eco/Trail/Boost)
- Mechanical Walk Assist improved to the level of Intelligent Walk Assist (Di2)
FRAME AND FORK
6061-T6 Monocoque UK Formed Custom Aluminium Tubing.
Wheel Size: 29.
Rear wheel travel: 150.
Fox Performance 38 Float 160mm 29
RockShox Zeb Ultimate 160mm 29 (£150.00)
Fox Factory 38 Float 160mm 29 (Black) (£300.00)
Bolt Type Allen Key Head (Boost 148mm Hub)
SRAM Maxle Ultimate (Boost 148 Hub) (£35.00)
Fox Float DPX2 Performance 230x57.5
RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate 230x65 (£150.00)
RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate 230x57.5 (£150.00)
Cane Creek 49mm for Tapered Steerer
Shimano M600 165 E 34t
Shimano SLX 12spd
Shimano SLX 12spd
Shimano SLX 10-51T 12spd
Shimano EP8 DU Integrated
WHEEL AND TYRES
Strange Front + Hope Pro 4 Rear, WTB ST Light i30 29
Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 3c EXO+ / DHR II 2.4 3c EXO+ 29
SRAM Guide RE 200/200
Shimano SLX Trail 203/203 (£100.00)
Shimano XT Trail 203/203 (£200.00)
Burgtec Enduro Black 42.5mm
WTB Silverado Comp
Burgtec RideWide Enduro DB 800mm
Strange Grappler Lock-On
SDG Tellis 150mm
Fox Elite Transfer Drop (£150.00)
Burgtec Penthouse Flat MK5 Black (£105.00)
Shimano E8000 Cycle Computer
Shimano E8035 504wh Integrated battery