The Surge is the next phase in the evolution of our E.P.O. program. At Orange Bikes it's all about the ride, and we've made substantial improvements to our e-bike chassis which deliver the most engaging trail feel, The 170mm travel Surge will take on the biggest terrain, and is not shy when is comes to sending those gaps. Excelling where the uplift doesn't go. Some of the best trails lie beyond where your lift pass takes you – enter the Surge. Big adventures and an e-bike with big ideas, way above the lift station. Fast and sure footed, the stability in the Surge's geometry will give you confidence on any trail.
The new Surge is a revelation and we urge you to try one. E-bikes can be a devisive topic, but once you are bitten by the bug they are hard to resist.
The Surge 29 takes many of its traits from the new Stage 6, 64° head angle, 76° seat angle, reduced offset fork, increased reach and a metric shock but it also incorporates Shimano’s newest battery technology – 8035. The revised battery has meant that we are now able to considerably reduce the size of the down tube, add an On/Off switch to the top tube and the battery is now removable without a key.
With 29” wheels, 160mm travel at the front and 150mm at the rear this bike is prepared to go wherever you are willing to take it.
WHY THE SURGE 29?
ELECTRIC POWERED ORANGE
F: 160MM | R: 150MM | W: 29
- Frame designed and built in Britain
- 5 year frame warranty with Limited Lifetime
- Crash Replacement
- New Shimano EP8 Drive Assist
- New Slimmer downtube with Shimano 8035 battery
- New Quick release battery
- New 'On' switch on top tube
- Boost 148mm rear hub spacing
- Alpine-trail honed geometry
- Reduced offset fork
- Long top tube short stem for high-speed stability
- Choose from 4 custom colours
NEW SHIMANO EP8 FEATURES
- 85Nm max torque - Max assist ratio: 400%
- 2.6kg total weight
- 10% reduced volume (compared with E8000)
- 36% less drag
- Shimano E8000 250W drive unit with 70Nm torque
- 504Wh Lithium Ion battery for up to 100km assist
- Same 177mm Q-Factor as a standard XT crankset
- 4 Assist Modes (Walk/Eco/Trail/Boost)
- Mechanical Walk Assist improved to the level of Intelligent Walk Assist (Di2)
FRAME AND FORK
6061-T6 Monocoque UK Formed Custom Aluminium Tubing.
Wheel Size: 29.
Rear wheel travel: 150.
Bolt Type Allen Key Head (Boost 148mm Hub)
SRAM Maxle Ultimate (Boost 148 Hub) (£35.00)
Fox Float X2 Factory 230x57.5
Hope Black - 49mm for Tapered Steerer
Fox Factory 38 Float 160mm 29 (Orange)
Shimano XTR 10-51T 12spd
MRP 1x E-bike
Shimano EP8 DU Integrated
Shimano XT 165 E 34t
Shimano XTR 12spd
WHEEL AND TYRES
Stans Flow Mk3 (Silver) + Hope Pro 4 (Silver) 29 (£0.00)
Stans Flow Mk3 (Silver) + Hope Pro 4 (Black) 29
Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 3c EXO+ / DHR II 2.4 3c EXO+ 29
Shimano Saint 203/203
Fox Factory Transfer 175mm Drop
Hope Bolted Black
Burgtec MK3 Enduro CNC Black 35mm
SDG Strange Bel Air III
Renthal FatBar M35 800mm
Strange Grappler Lock-On
Burgtec Penthouse Flat MK5 Black (£105.00)
Shimano E8000 Cycle Computer
Shimano E8035 504wh Integrated battery