What goes up, loves coming down
The Bullit is an electric mountain bike designed for tackling the steepest and deepest of trails in both directions. Imagine the kinds of rooty, rocky, horror fests usually reserved for our biggest hitting bikes like the Nomad and Megatower. Then imagine what lies beyond that.
Where the Heckler's priority is agility and playful handling, the Bullit takes a more no limits approach. 170mm travel, a 38mm fork and DoubleDown tires reflect the smashability of this platform. This is a bike for riders who seek V10 level terrain that's out of range of any chairlift or shuttle road.
It was actually the Santa Cruz Syndicate team's success on their mixed wheel DH race bikes that made us consider the same format for the Bullit. We learned from them that mixed wheels provide the confidence at speed of a 29er with the more spritely handling characteristics and maneuverability of a 27.5-inch rear wheel. And for an e-bike, it also means we can dictate exactly how long (or short) we want to make the chainstays to balance climbing traction and handling. The added butt clearance on super steep stuff is just another bonus.
The biggest trails take a bigger commitment to reach them. Thankfully Shimano's commitment to the STEPS EP8 motor means we have a lighter, more powerful (85nm), more compact and more efficient way of reaching them. The EP8 is also tuned to give more power in Trail mode without affecting range. So paired with Shimano’s biggest 630wh battery it ensures the Bullit is fully equipped for long, tough climbs to the longest, toughest descents.
|Available in:||Carbon CC|
- 22.26kg / 49.08lbs
- FOX 38 Float Factory, 170mm
- RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate
- SRAM X01 Eagle AXS, 12spd
- SRAM GX AXS Controller
- Shimano EM900 HollowTech Crank Arms, 165mm
- SRAM XG1295 Eagle 10-50T
- SRAM X01 Eagle, 12spd
- SRAM Code RSC
- Avid Centerline 220mm/200mm
- Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated
- Santa Cruz e35 Carbon Bar, 800mm, 35mm Rise
- Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42.5mm
- Santa Cruz House Grips or Burgtec Bartender Pro Grip Minnaar
- Industry Nine 1/1, 110x15, 6 Bolt, 28h
- Industry Nine 1/1, 148x12, XD, 6 Bolt, 32h
- Reserve 30 29 Carbon [Front], Reserve Carbon DH 27.5 Carbon [Rear]
- E13 E-Spec+ AL
- Shimano 630Wh Integrated
- Shimano Drive Unit DU-EP800
- Shimano Display Unit SC-EM800
- Sapim D-light
- Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5", 3C, MaxxGRIP, Double Down, TR
- Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4, 3C, DoubleDown, EXO, TR
- Fox Transfer Factory
- WTB Silverado Medium Stainless Fusion Saddle or WTB Volt