On and on and on and on...
Danny MacAskill just doesn't stop talking about ebikes. He's infatuated with them. In fact, the only time he's not chewing someone's ear off about how good they are is when he's riding them. And when he's riding an ebike he rides and rides and rides. Which is partly why we've made the newest Heckler able to go further, higher, faster and be funner.
The latest generation of the Heckler has a larger interchangeable battery (720wh up from 504wh), which allows riders to expand their own trail map - accessing previously unreachable trails, unlocking less-used trails and cramming more into less time.
The new Heckler has both mixed or dual 29-inch wheel size options. Wheel size isn't the only option for riders. There's a full size range of both from medium to XXL, with the small size frame having dual 27.5 wheels. Two levels of carbon (Santa Cruz's own C and CC blends) open up the range of options for build kits.
The thing that sets our ebikes apart from the pack is the on-trail manners of the bike. We sweat the carbon layup and frame design so it's tough enough to handle the sheer quantity of riding ebikes allow. There's no corners cut in the componentry so your only concern is not getting lost rather than being stuck with a mechanical. The geometry has been honed from a lot of testing and feedback in order to make the ride fun whether going up or down. And finally, the legendary VPP suspension has been tuned precisely for ebike use. 150mm rear travel (with 160mm travel fork up front) seems to be the sweet spot for a bike intended to tame big trails on big days, with slightly less anti-squat to give it glue-like traction on the climbs you'll be testing yourself on.
The only thing we've yet to figure out is how to get Danny into a 12-step ebike recovery program.
|Available in:||Carbon C and CC|
|Wheel Size:||MX and 29|
- Carbon C
- FOX 36 Float Performance Elite, 160mm
- RockShox Super Deluxe Select+
- SRAM GX AXS Eagle, 12spd
- SRAM GX AXS Controller
- Shimano EM600 Crank Arms, 165mm
- SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- SRAM Code R
- Avid Centerline 200mm
- Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Santa Cruz e35 Carbon Bar, 800mm, 35mm Rise
- Burgtec Enduro MK3
- Santa Cruz House Grips
- Industry Nine 1/1, 110x15, 32h
- Industry Nine 1/1, 148x12, XD, 32h
- RaceFace ARC HD 30 29” (F), 27.5” (R) (Size Small is 27.5” Front and Rear)
- E13 E-Spec+ AL
- 720Wh Integrated, removable
- Shimano Drive Unit DU-EP800
- Shimano Display Unit SC-EM800
- Smart-Plus 4A Charger
- Sapim Race
- Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5", 3C, MaxxGrip, EXO+, TR (Size Small is 27.5”)
- Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4", 3C MaxxTerra, EXO+, TR
- Fox Transfer Performance Elite
- WTB Silverado Medium Cromoly SL Fusion Saddle or WTB Volt