Wide open, dawn to dusk.
The Highball is our flagship carbon hardtail race thoroughbred, and a dark horse in XC versatility.
On paper it’s a whip-cracking alternative to the Blur; the racer’s hardtail for high intensity assaults. But settle down for a long haul and it’s immediately clear the Highball is at home in a range of cross country environments—from XC sprints to 24-hour sufferfests.
The low-angle seat stays join the seat tube below the top tube junction. This new placement works in tandem with a bridgeless seat stay design to curb trail chatter. Built around a 27.2mm-diameter seat post, the whole package combines to take the “hard” out of hardtail riding.
The composite development team behind our MacAskill-proof carbon Reserve wheels were the same folks responsible for the Highball’s superior ride feel. Meticulous application of carbon in only the most needed areas allows us to tune a really light frame that retains bags of torsional stiffness for the high-torque pedalers and strength for those braving the sketchy lines. This is what compliance without compromise looks like.
The all new Highball is a half-pound lighter than before, yet manages to maintain all the rider favorites of threaded BB reliability, internally routed cables, and 3 water bottle mounts. All backed up with a genuine lifetime frame and carbon wheel warranty. Complemented by a multitude of build options to suit your aspiration level, the Highball’s got everything you need to go forth and conquer.
- Colours: Eggplant/Fog
- Fork: FOX Rhythm 32, 100mm, 29", w/ Remote
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifters: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Crankset: SRAM Stylo 7K 148 DUB, 34t - 170mm (S)
- SRAM Stylo 7K 148 DUB, 34t - 175mm (M,L,XL)
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Brakes: SRAM Level TL
- Rotors: Avid Centerline 160mm
- Handlebar: RaceFace Aeffect
- Stem: RaceFace Aeffect Stem
- Grips: ESI Chunky Grips
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Seatpost: RaceFace Next, 27.5, 400mm
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Pro Saddle
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Aspen, 29"x2.25", EXO TR
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Aspen, 29"x2.25", EXO TR
- Wheels: F: DT Swiss 370, 15x110, 32h; R: DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 32h
- Rim: RaceFace AR Offset 25 29"
- Spokes: DT Swiss Competition
- Sealant: Stan's Sealant