The Stigmata is a cyclocross bike deserving of the Santa Cruz name.
We do things a bit backwards here at Santa Cruz. While most companies first introduced carbon fiber on their road bikes, we made mountain bikes from it to prove its strength and versatility as a material. Then we made a downhill bike. And now we’ve made a carbon Stigmata—a 'cross, gravel, just ride your damn bike bike.
We started the development of the new Stigmata a couple years ago, because we missed the old Stigmata, and felt that there was a lot we could do with carbon that we were unable to do with aluminum. At the same time, hydraulic disc brakes for road bikes were becoming a reality, meaning that we wouldn’t have to put up with ancient braking technology to get our drop bar on.
The new Stigmata is versatile. It’ll fit 41mm-wide tires with room for mud, but handles nicely with skinny road tires for base miles. It’s also home to our first PressFit 30 bottom bracket. We didn’t make this decision lightly, but not only is PF30 capable of accommodating all road bike cranks, it allowed us to make the bike lighter while maintaining the strength and durability you expect from Santa Cruz.
- Colours: Gloss Sunset / Bronze or Gloss Fog / Copper
- Fork: Stigmata CC Carbon
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Rival 22 Mid Cage, 11spd
- Front Derailleur: SRAM Rival Braze-On, 11spd
- Shifters: SRAM Rival 22
- Cassette: SRAM Rival PG1130, 11-32t
- Chain: SRAM PC1170, 11spd
- Brakes: SRAM Rival
- Rotors: Avid Centerline 160mm
- Handlebar: Zipp Service Course
- Stem: Zipp Service Course
- Grips: Velo Bar Tape
- Headset: Cane Creek 110 IS Integrated Headset
- Seatpost: Zipp Service Course, 27.2, 330mm
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Pro Saddle
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Rambler, 700x40c
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Rambler, 700x40c
- Wheels: F: DT Swiss 370, 15x100, 28h R: DT Swiss 370, 12x142, Road, 28h
- Rim: WTB Asym i19p 700c
- Spokes: DT Swiss Competition
- Sealant: Stan's Sealant