The Tallboy cuts a whole new swath across the trail bike landscape.
As a 27+ bike it revels in the severe. In desert-dry conditions the wider tires float above the dust and find oases of grip where standard tires flounder. And when the monsoon comes, lower tire pressures pull the Tallboy through the slickest of root sections like a Defender on diff-lock. In its 29-inch form, the Tallboy’s renowned rowdy streak comes to the fore. Happy at full gas, up or down hill, the speed and agility of the 29 configuration will have you bagging on e-bikes at every turn.
A 68 degree head angle and 110mm of VPP travel distills the original Tallboy’s playful character into something all the more mischievous. Longer reach and shorter chainstays fuel that personality, and bring the Tallboy bang up to date with the rest of the Santa Cruz range.
A flip chip on the upper link, combined with either a 130mm fork (for 27+) or 120mm fork (for 29-inch), ensures geometry remains consistent across a vast range of build kits and sizes, from S to XXL. The carbon frames run the whole size spectrum, while the aluminum frame goes Small through XL.
The versatile trail bike of choice for rapid riders like Greg Minnaar—the Tallboy is for those who don’t roll with the pack.
- Forest Green
- FOX 34 Float Factory, 120mm, 29"
- FOX Float Factory Kashima DPS
- Shimano XTR M9100 SGS, 11/12spd
- Shimano XTR M9100 SL, 12spd, I-Spec
- Shimano XTR M9120 148, 32t - 170mm (S)
Shimano XTR M9120 148, 32t - 175mm (M,L,XL)
- Shimano XTR, 12spd, 10-51t
- Shimano XTR, 12spd, w/ Quick Link
- Shimano XTR M9100
- Shimano XTR Ice. Tech Rotors, Centerlock, 180mm
- SCB XC Carbon Flat
Easton Haven, 55mm
- Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Hope Headset
- KS Lev Integra w/ Remote
- WTB Silverado Team
- Maxxis Minion DHF, 29"x2.3", 3C EXO TR
- Maxxis Crossmark II, 29"x2.25", DC EXO TR
- F: DT Swiss 240, 15x110, Centerlock, 28h
R: DT Swiss 240, 12x148, HG, Centerlock, 28h
Rim: Santa Cruz Reserve 27 29" Carbon
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition Race
- Stan's Sealant